On The Edge of The Peak District
We are 10 mins. from Alton Towers and a 20 min. walk to the local pub, The Tavern in Denstone.
The 6 EcoPods are set spaciously within 2 acre orchard with snaking pathways linking the EcoPods together. A great place to relax and unwind. There are lots of birds, we have local Red Kites, Buzzards and Ravens..!
The EcoPods are all equiped with everthing you need to prepare meals and heated by pasive solar heating in the summer and woodburners for the colder evenings. They have showers, lighting and charging facilites for your phones.
Every Ecopod is unique; the interiors are made from reclaimed wood and clad externally from local Cedar or Larch grown locally.
The Local Area
The site has stunning views and huge expansive skies looking over the Weaver Hills and Churnet Valley. It’s very quiet apart from the local birds, who are noisy…! Especially at dawn and dusk. With lots of space around each EcoPod; you can lie all day in the dappled light from the leaves and remember your childhood when there was nothing to do but daydream…
- The Talbot Inn, Alton – lovely 3 mile walk to get there and beautiful riverside seating. Carvery and
good pub food.
- The Bridge House Restaurant, Alton. A 3 mile beautiful walk to reach this restaurant, serving good
locally sourced food
- The Duncombe Arms, Ellastone. 1.5 miles. A gastro pub serving quality food, with a lovely terrace and
- The White Hart, Alton. 3 miles. A traditional pub with a games room and occasional events. Dogs and
- The Tavern, Denstone. 1.4 miles. A traditional local pub with home cooked food and occasional events.
Rocester (pronounced Row-ster) is only 2.5 miles away should you need anything.
- A Spar with instore Post Office and cash withdrawal
- A Premier convenience store
- Panacea Indian restaurant and take away
- Fish and Chip shop
- The Red Lion pub
- Doctor’s surgery
- Beauty salon